INNOVATIVE ASSAYS & DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASE CONTROL AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT
Nano Discovery Inc. is a biotechnology company based in Orlando, Florida, United States. We develop, manufacture and sell bioassay products and diagnostic tests for infectious diseases control and health management using a patented single-step and washing-free immunoassay technology, D2Dx, invented at University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida.
We seek to improve the lives and health of humans and animals by developing and deploying new assays, diagnostic technologies and products which provide real time, actionable knowledge to combat the ever evolving threat of infectious diseases in our world. Costly pathogenic warfare, including the indiscriminate use of antibiotics, threatens not only human lives and health but also animal and plant resources that serve to support human life. Nano Discovery’s products provides cost-effective, critical information to develop targeted solutions for the prevention, management, and control of infectious diseases, reducing the use of antibiotics.
D2Dx is a single-step and washing-free immunoassay platform that can be used for the detection of either antibody or antigen. To conduct the assay, gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) are coated with a layer of antibody (for antigen detection) or antigen protein (for antibody detection) to form a specific AuNP probe. When the AuNP probe is mixed with a sample that contains the specific target antibody or antigen analyte, the binding of the analytes with the AuNP probe will cause the AuNPs to clump together into aggregates. By monitoring the AuNP aggregate formation, the presence of the analyte in the sample is detected and quantified using a particle sizing technique. More target analytes present in the sample will cause more AuNP aggregate formation, hence, larger average particle size of the assay solution. A portable, low cost assay reader, D2Dx-R, is used to read the assay results. The name of D2Dx means from Diameter to Diagnostics
D2Dx-R - An assay reader designed and manufactured by Nano Discovery Inc. for conducting D2Dx assays. It is a portable device, weighs approximately 10 lb, with the capability to perform 120 tests per hour. It is a stand alone system with no additional computer required.
Gold nanoparticles (AuNP) - Nano Discovery offers a range of AuNP products that are especially manufactured, modified and optimized for various D2Dx assay applications.
Please contact us directly for additional product information and place order
January 15, 2019 - Zheng XT et al just published a paper on using D2Dx assay for anti-cancer drug screening ( Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 2019, 279, 79-86), assay may be applicable for a wide range of drug development
- "Ultrasensitive DLS-based nanobiosensor for drugs screening in cellular context"
- "Detection based on hydrodynamic size changes of gold-nanodumbell probes upon drug-protein-DNA binding interactions."
- "Nanoplasmonic biosensing probes enabled high specificity and low background noise."
- "Rapid competition assay for determining relative binding affinities and drug activation pathways."
- "Broadly applicable nanobiosensor concept for DNA-binding molecules and drug study."
December 6, 2018 - A research group from a multi-collaborator team just published a paper on using D2Dx technology-based blood test to determine the immune development and immune responses of laboratory and farm animals (ACS Infectious Diseases, published online 2018)
- "A well-developed, functional immune system is paramount to combat harmful attacks from pathogenic organisms and prevent infectious diseases.
- "Here we report an extremely simple and rapid blood test that may be used in point-of-care clinics or field settings to evaluate the humoral immune status of animals."...
- "Our study demonstrates that the test may be used not only for monitoring the immune function development from neonates to adults, but also for detecting active immune responses during infection".
October 22, 2018 - Zou L et al. published a paper in Analytical Chemistry on: Ultrasensitive Detection of HIV DNA with Polymerase Chain Reaction–Dynamic Light Scattering (Anal. Chem. 2018, 90, 13373-13377)
- "Early diagnosis of HIV biomarkers or genes is the key to reducing acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) mortality."
- "...we developed a novel polymerase chain reaction–dynamic light scattering (PCR-DLS) assay for one-step sensitive detection of HIV DNA based on the average-diameter change of gold nanoparticles (AuNPs)."
- "...this PCR-DLS assay can effectively improve the specificity of PCR reactions, which can greatly increase the detection sensitivity, with a detection limit of 1.8 aM (S/N = 3)"
June 2011 - Driskell et al published a paper showing that D2Dx assay detects influenza virus with a detection limit of <100 TCID50/mL (Analyst 2011, 136, 3083-3090)
- "...we detail the development of a simple, rapid, and sensitive method for quantitative detection of influenza A virus using dynamic light scattering (DLS) and gold nanoparticle (AuNP) labels."
- "Optimization of the assay provided a detection limit of <100 TCID50/mL which is 1–2 orders of magnitude improved over commercial diagnostic kits without increasing the assay time or complexity."
- "...this assay was demonstrated to perform equivalently for influenza virus prepared in different biological matrices."
Tel: (407) 770-8954
6555 Sanger Rd. #200
Orlando, FL 32827