D2Dx™ Immunity Test
One-Minute Blood Test for Animal Immune Health Testing
Nano Discovery Inc. is a biotechnology company based in Orlando, Florida, United States. We develop, manufacture and sell a rapid blood test product, D2Dx™ immunity test, to detect and monitor the immune status and health of farm and companion animals. D2Dx™ technology is protected by multiple granted patents and pending patent applications.
D2Dx™ immunity test is a rapid blood test for animal immune health testing. It is a one-of-its-kind test that allows quick and accurate assessment of an animal's immune status in the farm, at the animal side. Farmers and veterinarians can conduct the test in their own local facilities without the need of shipping samples to laboratories and waiting for days to receive the results. Our product is built upon and supported by years of research and extensive data evidence. We are proud to provide full satisfaction guarantee to our clients and customers. READ MORE
Dairy Cows - Better Immunity, Lower Disease Risk and Better Fertility
Dairy cows experience many health challenges during the transition period. Immune health plays a critical role in protecting dairy cows from infectious diseases. Studies show that D2Dx™ immunity test can monitor the immune status change of dairy cows during the periparturient period. The test can identify cows with high immunity and reduced risk of developing metritis post calving.
Getting a dairy cow pregnant on time remains a significant challenge in dairy industry. Reproduction is closely related to immune health and immune status in the animal. Recent studies found that D2Dx™ immunity test can help identify cows with higher pregnancy probability from cows with lower fertility. Cows identified by D2Dx™ immunity test as high immunity group had a conception rate of 60-75%, while cows identified by the test as low immunity group had pregnancy rates around 30%. Cows with extremely low immunity scores failed to become pregnant after multiple AI services.
Calves - Better Immunity, Better Health and Feed Efficiency
D2Dx™ immunity test has been used to monitor the immune status and immunity development in newborn calves, neonatal calves and newly weaned feedlot calves. On dairy calves, the test has been used to monitor immunity transfer from mother cows to calves through colostrum feed. There is a strong positive correlation between D2Dx™ immunity test and total serum protein (TSP) test. D2Dx™ immunity test adds another convenient tool for dairy calf health management.
Studies also found that calves that can develop higher immunity scores within the first few weeks following birth show higher average daily weight gain. Other studies show that the test can detect significantly compromised immune function in feedlot calves caused by transportation, stress and infection. The test may be used in feedlot to reduce the use of antibiotic treatment on feeder calves. Feedlot calves with higher immunity scores were found to have better feed efficiency.
Sheep and Lamb - Better Immunity, Lower Fecal Egg Count (FEC)
D2Dx™ immunity test has been used to monitor the immune status and health in ewes and lambs. Studies have found that ewes with higher D2Dx™ immunity test scores tend to have less risk of parasitic infection (lower FEC) and lower somatic cell count (LogSCC) in milk compared to ewes with low immunity scores. Lambs that can develop better immunity within the first few weeks following birth also tend to have lower FEC.
D2Dx™ immunity test may also be used to identify mother ewes with better immune health for selective breeding. Researchers found a positive correlation between mother ewes' immunity scores during peri-parturient period and the general health of newborn lambs. Lambs born from mother ewes with higher immunity scores tend to have higher immunity scores and show higher average daily gains in the first 60 days following birth.
Using D2Dx™ Immunity Test for Feed and Nutrition Plan Management
Feed and nutritional supplements are extremely important for animal health. Animals require different types and levels of nutrition supply at different growth stage. The nutrition needs of farm animals also vary according to seasons and their geological locations. There are many feed, nutrition and supplement products in the market that are formulated to improve the immune health of the animals.
D2Dx™ immunity test provide a simple solution for farm owners, managers and veterinarians to monitor the immune health of entire herd conveniently on farm setting. Based on the results, feed and nutrition plans may be adjusted to achieve the best results. Use D2Dx™ immunity test to make informed and timely management decisions.
The prices listed here are for the United States, Canada and Mexico only. For all other countries and regions, please contact us to receive a price quote.
CT-100 is the device used to perform the D2Dx™ immunity test. One-time purchase item.
Test kit that contains the reagents and consumables to perform 200 tests.
Test kit that contains the reagents and consumables to perform 500 tests.
For larger quantities, please contact us to request quote.
May 2, 2022 - We are proud to announce that Nano Discovery Inc. has joined The National Institute of Antimicrobial Resistance Research and Education (NIAMRRE). At Nano Discovery Inc., we are keen to use our product and technology to help improve the animal health and reduce the use of antibiotics in food and companion animals. We look forward to working with the NIAMRRE community!
April 28, 2022 - Multiple presentations will be made at the 2022 American Dairy Science Association annual meeting on the use of D2Dx™ immunity test for dairy animal health research
- The D2Dx immunity test as a measure of immune health in ewes and lambs. Abstract No. 1416.
- Use of a rapid immunity test as an early pregnancy diagnosis tool. Abstract No. 2095M.
- Assessment of the effects of prepartum anti-inflammatory therapies on type 1/type 2 immunity ratio using a rapid blood test. Abstract No. 2464V.
- Associations between clinical metritis and type 1/type 2 immunity in postpartum Holstein dairy cows. Abstract No. 2170T.
April 26, 2022 - A presentation will be made at the 2022 American Society of Animal Science annual meeting on the use of D2Dx™ immunity test to monitor newborn and neonatal dairy calf health
- A nanotechnology base immunity measurement (D2Dx) compared with total serum protein concentration using neonatal Holstein bull calves. Casper, D. Casper Calf Ranch. Abstract #1244444. American Society of Animal Science Annual Meeting, June 26-30, 2022.
December 6, 2021 - A peer-reviewed paper published in Scientific Reports - A 1-minute blood test detects decreased immune function and increased clinical risk in COVID-19 patients. Deb C, et al. Scientific Reports 11 Article number 23491 (2021).
November 27, 2021 - A peer-reviewed paper published in Applied Animal Science on the correlation between D2Dx™ immunity test score and beef cow fertility - Relationship between beef cow fertility and maternal immunity, Corpron, M. et al. Applied Animal Science, Volume 37, Issue 6, P733-737, December 01, 2021
July 19, 2021- Multiple presentations are made at the 2021 American Society of Animal Science annual meeting on the use of D2Dx™ immunity test for farm animal health research (click below to read abstracts published in Journal of Animal Science)
- 62 - Feeding Chicory-plantain Silage and Se-yeast to Lactating Ewes Subjected to Intramammary Infection: Effect on the Immune System
- PSIX-18 - Effect of chicory silage and Se-yeast on peripartum ewes: immune status via complete blood cell count
- PSXII-22 - Relationship between beef cow fertility and Maternal Immunity
- P319: The relative relationship between type 1/type 2 immunity and fertility in Holstein cows
- P488: Use of a cow-side immune test to improve prediction of metritis
- 104: Relationship between serum metabolites and milk fatty acid with periparturient diseases in Pacific Northwest dairy farms
- A one-minute blood test detects decreased immune function and increased clinical risk in COVID-19 patients
Conference to be held virtually on April 25th and 26th, 2021
Physicians develop test to predict mild or severe COVID-19 symptoms
- A One-Minute Blood Test to Monitor Immune Responses in COVID-19 Patients and Predict Clinical Risk of Developing Moderate to Severe Symptoms
- A Rapid Blood Test to Monitor the Immune Status Change of Dairy Cows and to Evaluate their Disease Risk during Periparturient Period
- Using a Rapid Blood Test to Study the Impact of Heat Stress on the Immune Status of First-Time Pregnant Heifers and their Calves
- A Single-Step Gold Nanoparticle-Blood Serum Interaction Assay Reveals Humoral Immunity Development and Immune Status of Animals from Neonates to Adults
Please use the following form to place order or make further inquiries. We will get back to you as soon as possible.